Monday, October 8, 2007

Warren Jeffs

My Illustration Professor, Don Albright, is really big on having us do illustrations for tabloids, interesting people, current events, etc.

For this one he had us research Warren Jeffs, a particularly unsettling Mormon sect leader who was charged with rape as an accomplice for forcing a 14 year old girl to marry her 19 year old cousin (among other things and countless other marriages like that one).

The angle I decided to play up in my illustration is that Jeffs held control over all of the community's assets. People's homes, land, etc. belonged to him, and he often excommunicated younger men in order to give older members more wives.

I was going for a godzilla effect.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the upside-down cross gives it a fantastic touch!