Monday, October 1, 2007

And so it begins...

Welcome to my blog-folio! To kick off what will be a regularly updated archive of assigments, illustrations, and probably doodles too, I'll begin with
a three part assignment from my Methods and Media Class.


Dip Pen

The first is a portrait using a dip pen and black india ink. Not my best medium, I have to say... I'm actually a little intimidated by it.

That being said, I managed to survive using it for this assignment! Hooray!


Paint Brush

Same assignment as the dip pen, but using a paint brush instead. Again, not something I'm particularly skilled with. There's definately room for improvement here. I particularly enjoyed rendering the hair for this piece.

Ink Wash

For the third installment we learned to use ink wash (the dilution of ink to create different gray tones with which to paint. Kind of like watercolor). We were given a choice of another self portrait or a portrait of somebody else, and, being horribly bad at drawing men, I decided to torture myself give it a shot. The original image can be found here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tyler!!!!
For a minute i thought it was a more recent picture of Tyler...i thought he had grown more facial hair.
I'm not going to be surprised if he comes back from Israel hairy!!